Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ragnar practice and travels

Day 2 of Ragnar practice: After getting maybe 5 hours of sleep it was time to run again.  5.30 miles in 43 minutes with an average pace of 8.10.  Slower than average again but it was good practice for Ragnar.  Sleep deprived and sore as can be.  But it was nice to know that I had done something as I sat on my big ol' butt all day ;)

My nephew, Riun, kept us quite entertained.  He decided to go for a ride on his suitcase.  "And that is why we can't buy nice things!"  I heard those words come out of someones mouth, I just can't remember who.  GIDDY UP!!
 Then he was forced into this little glass box for some secondary screening.

Poor little hoodlum ;)

"If you're gonna spew, spew into this" 

That is the view from our balcony, we are steps away from Cocoa Beach.  Hopefully we will get to go in the ocean.  There are TONS of tiny little jellyfish in the water, which hasn't happened in at least 20 years, according to the waitress at the restaurant.  So guess who got stung?  Jakey pooh.  And you know what you have to do to take the sting away...well, no one helped the poor guy out.  He will be fine.  How am I supposed to learn to surf when there are millions on jellyfish just waiting to sting me?  Oh well, at least I won't end up like that Soul Surfer chick.  That was an awesome movie by the way.

I can't wait to run but I am MAKING myself take a rest day tomorrow.  Guess what is just down the way?  Dunkin Donuts, YUM!  Chocolate cake donuts are the BEST way to fuel a run ;)  If you think I am kidding, I'm not.  I have found that if I have a chocolate cake donut on Friday afternoon my long run the next morning is extra good.  That's right peeps.  The secret to an awesome long run is a chocolate cake donut, a carbilicious dinner and a dose of SportLegs in the morning.
I have to say that I am not one of those people who run to eat but I do like to indulge in a treat every now and again.  I will think of you as I am eating meself a donut, on the beach, with a jellyfish :)

If you had the opportunity to learn to surf would you want to do it?

I have mixed feelings about this, I REALLY want to learn to surf and have for years but I am not a strong swimmer and I am leary of getting in the ocean.  Things aren't looking good for me are they?  There's just something about all of those strange little critters in the water that freaks my freak.

What have you found to be the best way to fuel yourself for a long run?

I've already shared the secret to my success...you're welcome ;)

2 comments:

  1. That run really kicked my trash this morning, but I have to admit that I decided since I was already up I would go a little farther. It was so hard. I'm so glad you made it to Florida safely it looks beautiful! I hope you get to surf, those blasted jelly fish need to DIE! I can't believe noone would save Jake and pee on him, geez. Hahaha! if I had the chance to surf I would only do it in a full on wetsuit I don't want any critters brushing up against me! Yikes! I have to admit my best runs have been after a chocolate donut and homemade pizza, I've been missing those the last couple of weeks. I miss you already, have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which Ragnar leg do you have? I hope I see you! I am leg 5. I haven't ever trained specifically for Ragnar so you are awesome. It is definitely different to run 3 times in 1 day. :)

    Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete