Friday, May 27, 2011

Master Packer and 2 Runs

This morning was an all abs workout, I do it every Friday and it is literally 1 hour of abs.  Of course, by Friday I am usually pretty tired and we usually get pretty chatty and silly but anywho, it's a lot of abs.  Since I am leaving at 7 in the a.m. I will not have time to do my usual long run tomorrow, plus I need to start doing 2 runs a day at least once a week to get prepared for Ragnar.  So this morning I ran just over 10 miles at the gym.  I am going out running again at 4 p.m. so I decided it would be a good idea to do some foam rolling and stretching, seems how I am EXTREMELY sore.  I think I did a number on myself this week and I may have pulled a little muscle in my inner thigh...oops!  Excuse my sweatiness in this next picture.
I told Kenna to cut my head off on purpose but you can kind of see my face...it was painful to say the least.  So the reason for all the sweat is because rather than run outside in the beautiful weather I decided to do it on the dreadmill.  With my leg pain I wasn't sure how my run would go and I didn't want to get to the middle of nowhere and start feeling the pain.  Although it was HOT, I did get to enjoy watching 17 Again.  I just love that movie and there were 2 lines that really made me giggle that I just have to share.

"He's nothing but a glorified midget wrangler" :)  For some reason that really tickles me!

"Weirdy man-child"  The other day I called someone, who will remain name less, a man-child.  So that made me chuckle a bit.  I am very easily entertained, what can I say.

My little Mama Jex taught me a trick to packing, she must have known that without a little help I would have shown up at her house with 25 suitcases tomorrow.  She told me to roll everything and that it would make it fit real nice like.  She was right and I am now the "master packer."

That right there is Jake's suitcase.  His clothes are big and I was able to fit all of his stuff in a tiny, little carry on.  I impressed myself with that one :)  I packed for a week in Florida and this is all of our luggage, minus 1 more that will be packed later. 

That's right folks, a family of 4 for a week and I fit it all into 3 little carry on sized suitcases.  My madre will be so proud ;)
Since we are attempting our Ragnar practice run today we decided we better do the P90X Stretch dvd
Like I said I'm REAL sore so it hurt me pretty bad!  It is now 8:45 p.m. and we have since done our second run for the day, 8 miles in 1:06 we averaged an 8:16 minute mile which is a bit slower than usual.  Can I just say that when your body is used to running in the wee morning hours it does not appreciate running in the late afternoon.  On a happy note, we were just running along minding our own business when all of a sudden we saw a "wild Macaw" and it was laughing at us.  Seriously, we would laugh at him and then he would laugh at us.  It was awesome :)

Well, it is well past me bedtime.  I am hoping to wake up and head out running at 4:45 a.m. and do a quick 6 miles before I have to go and sit on an aeroplane all day :)

Have you ever done multiple runs in a day and if so how was it?

I have done it before but not 10 and then 8 miles, it was good but pretty hard.

What fun trips do you have planned for the summer?

Just Florida :)

No comments:

Post a Comment