Thursday, September 27, 2012

Frivolous Fursday!!!

In case you have missed my non-sense posts about absolutely nothing I have a treat for you.  Frivolous FURSDAY!!  Hee Hee Hee, I did just make that up…I think, unless you have heard it before in which case they copied ME! ;) 
Today as I was at the gym I said to myself, “WOW, these shoes feel amazing!  That’s weird I wear them all of the time.”  Then it hit me, it wasn’t my shoes it was my socks.
I had forgotten about these little beauties that the Balega rep gave me when I worked at 26.2 Running Co.  They have got to be the most comfortable socks I have ever worn.  I know it probably seems a little crazysauce to get so excited about socks but they really are amazing!  Needless to say I had a great run…it was like running on clouds.
I got home with just enough time to shower and get everybody packed up for a quick trip to St. George.  Jake had to go for work so we decided to make a little trip out of it.  It’s a good thing too because I am getting pretty pasty!  I can’t wait to sit and do nothing but bask in the sun…after my workout of course.  Gold’s has a giant gym in St. George so I will be going there to get my workout on!  Because I have an over protective daddy (AKA Jake) I will be stuck on the treadmill for the next 2 days.  I guess he doesn’t want me running alone, in the dark, in a strange place or something crazy like that.
I have some very sad news that has me quite perplexed.  I was assigned to pace the Haunted Half Marathon, which I was SUPER excited about because it is put on by Runtastic Events which does an amazing job!  I kept thinking about how close it is to my Nike Women’s Marathon and I freaked out and told the “pace master” that I was going to pass on this one L  I went back and forth as to whether or not I should do it but I have had a rule since my last injury that I would take at least 1 week off of running after a marathon.  The Haunted Half is 6 days after my race.  I would hate myself if I ran it and ended up with an injury.  I was set to do the 1:45 group which is very doable under normal circumstances but post marathon I’m just not sure I should go running down a canyon.
I have had great sadness ever since I backed out.  Of course I did do something really stupid that didn’t help, I went to their website and read all about how awesome it’s going to be.  Why must I torture myself…idiot!  I did have a brilliant idea that I’m trying to get my family excited about.  I think it would be so fun to volunteer for this one, you know give back to the community a bit J!  That way I could still see all of the fun costumes and be a part of an amazing race.  We’ll see what happens I guess.
Do you think I’m being lamesauce here?
How much time do you take off after a marathon?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment