Thursday, April 5, 2012

Something Off My Chest!

Weird title huh?!?  Well, I just need to get something off my chest!  I AM FREAKING OUT!!!  Yep, I am officially freaking out about going to New York and Boston.  I'm not too nervous for the actual marathon just everything leading up to it.  I am mostly scared to leave my little children of the corn.


 I haven't been away from them for longer than 3 days at a time and it is KILLING me that I will be away from them for 7 days!  I know Kobe is going to have a hard time because he has a tender spot in his heart for his mama :)

I'm sure you can see why ;)

My kids get to go to Disneyland which is great except for that FREAKS my freak even more!!!  I am a bit of a control freak, there I said it!  I am the queen of thinking up every possible thing that could go wrong and fretting about it non-stop!  Knowing that I won't be there to watch over my kids every second at Disneyland is almost too much to bare.  I don't really know why I am putting all of this out on the world wide web, I just can't stop thinking about it!  I know that my kids are going to be in good, experienced, hands but I guess I just want them in my hands :)
I want Kobe to run with me when I am struggling, like he did HERE!!
I want McKenna to be at the finish line with one of her famous smoothies!
Best served while in lunge position!

Most of all, I hope McKenna will watch over her little brother!

I am excited to spend time with Jake and have fun with friends exploring new places!  I am also THRILLED to be running the most famous marathon, in fact it is a little surreal!  If you have any MUST do's while in N.Y. or Boston please let me know!  Or, even if you have a funny story to share to get my mind off of things that would be great!!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean! I am freaking about leaving my kids for four days while I do Hood to Coast. Aack, especially since I will be leaving the day after my son starts kindergarten, what kind of a mom does that?!!?!?

    I think we just have to remember that they will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Steph now you are making me start to freak out. Yikes!!! I am so anxious about logistics. My parents will be with me but they never travel. It will literally be Mom's 2nd time on an airplane ever..... EEEEEE! I'm sure everything is going to be fine and your kiddos are going to have an absolute blast in Disneyland and will definitely be with you in spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete